SubQuery is all about making the world’s decentralised data more accessible. Every team needs to process and query decentralised data - historically this data is in a format that makes it difficult to read. We transform and save this data to make it easier and faster to allow it to be used in more complex applications.
We’re all about helping others create new products that will help us transition to the web3 future.
About the Role
We’re looking for junior but passionate developer to join our small but growing product development team as we build new services on Substrate for the Polkadot ecosystem. Ideally you're graduated as a software engineer with interest or experience in blockchain. As a core part of the team helping to build the future of the Polkadot ecosystem, you’ll be working on cutting edge technologies and learning a huge amount of new skills along the way.
If working on challenging projects at the intersection of computer science and distributed systems excites you, then this is your role.
- Work as part of our product development team building our platforms and services for other blockchain teams
- Work to support new and existing blockchain networks on our platform. This means dockerizing, YAML templating, and otherwise writing code that facilitates different networks running on our Kubernetes based platform every day
- Help design, implement, test, and deliver improvements to our core services on a fast and frequent basis, especially around monitoring and alerting to allow us to maintain the highest standards of health, reliability and uptime.
- If appropriate, help our team build a new Substrate blockchain connected as a parachain to Polkadot.
- Provide technical support and hands-on guidance on our tools and services to users, external teams and communities
What we are looking for
- A fast learner, or previous experience with blockchain technologies
- Understanding in the theoretical background in blockchain, distributed systems and cryptographic fundamentals
- Good english written communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, ability to work autonomously and proactively
- Good coding skills coding and developing modern programming languages
Nice to have
- Knowledge of React, nodejs, Rust, C++, or Go.
- Some familiarity with containerizing technology, particularly docker, Kubernetes or containerd, but you don’t necessarily need to be an expert
- Experience working with large open-source codebases
- Familiarity with Substrate and the Polkadot ecosystem
You can expect
- You’ll be playing a core role in one of the top Polkadot projects in the world implementing new blockchains.
- To learn a huge amount from our team and about the thriving industry that we’re in
- A flexible work environment and schedule where we trust our team with high degrees of autonomy
- Huge development opportunities to build practical skills and experience in software development