SubQuery’s mission is to make the world’s decentralised data more accessible.
SubQuery is a blockchain developer toolkit enabling others to build Web3 applications of the future. A SubQuery project is a complete API to organise and query data from layer-1 chains. Currently servicing Polkadot, Substrate and Avalanche projects, this data-as-a-service allows developers to focus on their core use case and front-end, without needing to waste time on building a custom backend for data processing. The SubQuery Network proposes to enable this same scalable and reliable solution, but in a completely decentralised way.
We’re all about helping developers create new products that will help others build applications for a decentralised future.
About the Role
We’re looking for solidity developers to join our growing engineering team as we build out our decentralised SubQuery Network.
If working on challenging projects at the intersection of computer science and distributed systems excites you, then this is your role.
- Work as part of our engineering team building the EVM-based SubQuery Network
- Develop this new blockchain in a public open source manner to meet agreed technical and design requirements
- Manage and take an active role in our open source community, engaging in discussions so our delivered Substrate pallets solve real world problems and are adopted by all
- Test and deliver your new work via automated pipelines to external contributors, review PRs, and own releases.
- Provide technical support and hands-on guidance on these projects to users, external teams and communities
What we are looking for
- Either a fast learner, or previous experience with blockchain technologies and/or Rust
- Understanding in the theoretical background in distributed systems, such as consensus algorithms, as well as cryptographic fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of a modern systems programming language, such as Rust, C++, or Go.
- Good english written communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, ability to work autonomously and proactively
Nice to have
- Higher education in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or relevant discipline. Master’s degree is even nicer
- Experience working with large open-source codebases as a leader, maintainer, or contributer
- Familiarity with Substrate and the Polkadot ecosystem
- Experience implementing blockchain consensus protocols
You can expect
- You’ll be playing a critical role in one of the top Polkadot projects in the world
- To learn a huge amount from our team and about the thriving industry that we’re in
- A flexible work environment where we trust our team with high degrees of autonomy
- Huge development opportunities to build skills and connections that are valuable in our industry